Hourglass figure with baby belly
I have an hour glass figure but also the baby belly! Spanx only goes so far, so how to wear a skirt or dress and camoflage?
What can be done to lessen the baby belly when wearing skirts or dresses? Spanx does not really make it flat, just decreases it a little. I usually wear a light jacket over pants to disguise it.Jane's answer...
I'm assuming you're talking about a post baby belly versus being pregnant?
Having an hourglass figure
will mean you've been used to wearing and looking good in a wide range of clothing styles. Now, post baby, you're finding not every style works on your new shape quite as well.
You have the right idea with using a layering technique (light weight jacket over trousers) to hide your tummy. Other techniques include...
- Wear clothes that skim your body rather than hug your tummy
- Look for tops and dresses with diagononal ruching over your middle or tops that can be arranged into a ruched effect
- Avoid strong color changes between tops and bottoms (unless you also wear a layer, such as a jacket or shirt, over the outfit)
- In a similar vein to the tip above, avoid horizontal design details that go across or near your tummy
- Leave tops untucked
- Wear top lengths a bit longer than you may have been wearing them: low hip to crotch -- this makes your torso look longer and therefore slimmer
- Wear a statement necklace or earrings to attract attention to your face
I hope the above helps.
>> Find out exactly which styles suit your body shape taking all your proportions into account